Friday 19 February 2016

WHEN I'M WAXING COLD




























DSC_3773
Michael Okyere Asante, author: 'Are You Waxing Cold?'
19.02.2016

The semester has been more hectic than I had anticipated. It's quite unfortunate I have not had much time to write posts to occupy the blanks on my blog this year. There are quite a few others that were halfway through their journey on paper, but could not proceed to the next stage of being typed.

This is a product of my dawn moment today, written purposefully for the promotion of author Michael Okyere Asante's newest book : 'Are You Waxing Cold?'.

The expository seeks to help Christians who  have gradually found their love for God grow cold return unto the Love they had first known. Prof. J. K. Asamoah-Gyadu has this to say:

asamoah-gyadu“Michael’s book is one of the most biblically balanced popular books on Christian spirituality that I have read in several years…The topics in this volume are critical to Christian life and even ministry and so the book could serve as basic teaching material for new Christians and mature candidates for Baptism and Confirmation in our denominations. It will also serve the needs of new Christians working to find their feet in Christ.”—Rev. Prof. J. Kwabena Asamoah-Gyadu, Professor of African Christianity and Pentecostal Theology, Trinity Theological Seminary, Legon and Author, Sighs and Signs of the Spirit: Ghanaian Perspectives on Pentecostalism and Renewal in Africa (Oxford: Regnum Books International, 2015)

Michael is also the author of 'The Dangers of Lukewarmness and Backsliding'.

'Are You Waxing Cold' will be formally launched on Monday, March 7, 2016 at the Presbyterian Boys SHS Assembly Hall, Legon.

WHEN I'M WAXING COLD
In the weakest moments of mine
Eyes survey my every part
Lofty eyes that look for stains on the robe you gave me
Not Yours, Lord
Not Your eyes--Yours shine lovingly
You give me a hand
And tell me it's not over
My first love,
When I have wandered in vain,
I will run to You.
When I am waxing cold,
Reignite that agape flame

No comments:

Post a Comment